Saturday 15 May 2010

Equipment

After a few months of filling this site with loads of pictures, a small diversion from subject and a quick look at the camera I normally use.

The Canon G10. A 14.7 Megapixel camera with 5x zoom lens & an equivalent to 28mm wide angle lens, Image Stabilization and a whole host of other features. It works pretty well most of the time (and when it doesn't it's usually down to user error!) I use it in Aperture Priority mode most of the time, or if I'm in London and need to point & snap something quickly then I Sports mode sometimes.

When not in London I use an SLR - normally a Canon EOS 1d Mk III with a 24-70mm f2.8 lens or a 28-135mm f3.5-5.6, strangely I find this easier to use as it's more familiar to me than the G10.

Image processing is done in PaintShop Pro V7, where I crop, resize, sharpen & adjust contrast & saturation mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment